Mark and Hannah, owners of Wassail Land Care, will be offering a free Hugelkultur design class at our farm, Petal & Pitchfork, on Saturday, April 13th. We are collaborating with Mark and Hannah on a master plan for our farm/woodland, with a focus on resiliency, soil health and carbon sequestration.
Permaculture and regenerative practices are foundational in informing our approach to this master plan. These Hügelkultur beds will form the foundation for one of two large food forests here on our property. These permaculture design concepts can easily be translated to smaller home garden sites to build soil, sequester carbon, enhance resiliency and moisture retention and provide an edible, human scale landscape. For detailed information on Hügelkultur, visit here and here.
We invite you to join us at this free class! Be prepared to get your hands in the soil, build Hugelkultur beds and learn about the core permaculture design elements!
1. This class will take place rain or shine. Please wear work clothes, bring a pair of work gloves and a rain shell, depending on weather. This site is exposed so warm hats are best on cold days and hats with wide brims are best on sunny days.
2. Children are welcome. We are firm believers in including all ages and abilities in developing an understanding and appreciation for the earth and regenerative agricultural practices. There is plenty of space for older children to run around and play while they’re here. Children must be comfortable with dogs. Children under 14 years of age do not need a ticket.
3. Please leave your own canine companions at home. Our dogs are trained for farm work and it’s important that they not be distracted from this during the workday.
4. Please bring a sack lunch and water bottle.
5. As we are offering a limited number of tickets and need to have a good sense of the number of attendees, please only RSVP if you’re nearly certain that you’ll be able to join us.
6. Questions? 360.908.2100 or firstname.lastname@example.org
TO REGISTER click HERE.